Vital Plan Joins the B Corp Movement
Vital Plan is one of just 10 herbal supplement companies worldwide to be certified as a B Corporation®. B Corporations are defined as those that “meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability, and aspire to use the power of markets to solve social and environmental problems.”
Becoming certified as a B Corp was a natural progression for Vital Plan. The certification process is tough and thorough, and it helped refine and reassert the company’s mission of making holistic health solutions accessible to anyone seeking optimal wellness.
Vital Plan was founded by the father-daughter duo Dr. Bill Rawls and Braden Rawls, who built the business with an unwavering commitment to integrity, honesty, and trust. As both a company and a business, Vital Plan is committed to creating high-quality and sustainable products, and to partnering with businesses, investors, and advisors who share the same core values.
There are currently more than 2,600 B Corporations in 60 countries who share the single unifying goal of using business as a force for good, and Vital Plan is humbled to be in such good company.
“The B Corp movement is one of the most important of our lifetime, built on the simple fact that business impacts and serves more than just shareholders—it has an equal responsibility to the community and to the planet.”
– Rose Marcario, CEO of Patagonia
What B Corp® Certification means for Vital Plan:
- Determined to bring modern herbalism to the masses, our team works to source the highest grade ingredients from around the world to build our supply chain in an honest, ethical way. We seek to improve the lives of everyone we touch, including the global farmers and foragers who source our ingredients.
- As detailed in our Quality section, our manufacturing & fulfillment teams go above and beyond to ensure safety, purity and potency of our products.
- We set reasonable expectations for our products and never claim to sell miracle cures or magic pills. We sell products that are backed by science and approved by our Medical Director.
- We are upfront with our customers that our supplements are intended to complement (not replace) a healthy lifestyle. This is so important to us, that we provide diet and lifestyle education to our customers at no additional charge.
- We back our products with a 100% money back guarantee, going to great lengths to ensure that every customer is completely satisfied with their experience.
- The Vital Plan community includes our customers, employees, business partners and ingredient suppliers. Together, we are working to make the world a better place.
- We encourage our employees and customers to pursue health in mind, body and spirit. We challenge each other to practice what we preach and show up to work as our best selves each day. Treating employees like family is our goal.
- We foster long-term relationships with our business partners and suppliers, built on years of fairness and trust. Consequently, we have transparency in our supply chain and confidence in the quality of our products.
- We have great respect for all others working in natural medicine and modern herbalism. Collaborating with others who are spirited by herbal therapy and wellness-oriented care makes all of us better.
- We seek to learn from as well as motivate other mission-driven companies. We believe that cooperation and community are key aspects of achieving greatness.
- We recognize that the food, water and medicinal herbs that provide a foundation for our product line, and, for all of us, are dependent of a healthy environment.
- Our supply chain team closely monitors our ingredient sourcing, giving preference to organic farmers and sustainable wildcrafters.
- We evaluate the environmental impact of each of our business partners, giving preference to groups that share our core values of protecting the environment and conserving resources.
- Each business quarter, we evaluate our environmental impact the same way that we evaluate our financial results, as we consider the planet a stakeholder in our business.
- Vital Plan has made a formal commitment to recognize all stakeholders in our business, from investors, to customers, employees and the environment. We operate with reasonable profit margins in order to be a sustainable business and are committed to financial transparency within our organization.
- Vital Plan pays fair wages and offers flexible work schedules, allowing our employees to lead healthy, balanced lives and support their families and communities.
- Our team is constantly innovating to build scalable solutions that offer significant value at a low price (such as our physician-created e-courses for scaling wellness education at no cost).
Vital Plan is proud to be one of 2,400 Certified B Corporations in over 130 industries and 50 countries with 1 unifying goal – to redefine success in business. For more information, visit www.bcorporation.net.