Vital Plan is a Proud Certified B Corporation®
Vital Plan is proud to be one of the first herbal supplement companies in the U.S. to become a Certified B Corporation®. Vital Plan has been a B Corp since 2016.
Vital Plan is honored to be part of a small but growing group of global companies to be certified as a B Corporation. In an era when most every business claims to be socially and environmentally responsible, the standards of achievement and independent verification required for this certification are crucial to validating these claims.
B Corp certification is to business what Fair Trade certification is to coffee or USDA Organic certification is to milk. Companies are certified by the nonprofit B Lab to meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose.
Now a movement of more than 3,200 businesses worldwide, B Corps are accelerating a global culture shift to redefine success in business and build a more inclusive and sustainable economy. And it’s not just a corporate movement: Every one of us can get involved by voting with our dollar each time we purchase from a B Corp.
“The B Corp movement is one of the most important of our lifetime, built on the simple fact that business impacts and serves more than just shareholders—it has an equal responsibility to the community and to the planet.”
– ROSE MARCARIO, CEO OF PATAGONIA
What B Corp Certification means for Vital Plan
- Our team is dedicated to making effective herbal products more accessible to everyone, so we work to source the highest grade ingredients from around the world and build our supply chain in an honest, ethical way. We seek to improve the lives of everyone we touch, including the global farmers and foragers who source our ingredients.
- Our manufacturing & fulfillment teams go above and beyond to ensure safety, purity, and potency of our products. Learn more on Our Quality page.
- Transparency is key to building trust. We avoid the use of proprietary blends and share formulation details on our labels so that you know exactly what you are getting in our products.
- We never claim to sell miracle cures or magic pills and always set realistic expectations for our product benefits, limitations, and how they fit into the bigger healthcare picture. We use ingredients that are backed by science and traditional use, and approved by our Health Advisory Board.
- We complement all of our products with holistic health education focused on lifestyle and diet habits proven to help people improve their health outcomes and take control of their well-being.
- We back our products with a 90 day money back guarantee, going to great lengths to ensure that every customer is completely satisfied with their experience.
- We encourage our employees and customers to pursue health of mind, body, and spirit, and we strive to foster a culture and community that supports this endeavor.
- We foster long-term relationships built on trust and fairness with our business partners and suppliers. Consequently, we have transparency in our supply chain and confidence in the quality of our products.
- We have great respect for our colleagues working in natural medicine and modern herbalism. Collaborating with others who are spirited by herbal therapy and wellness-oriented care makes all of us better.
- We seek to learn from as well as motivate other mission-driven companies. We believe that cooperation and community are key aspects of making an impact on the world.
- We appreciate that the food, water, and medicinal herbs that provide a foundation for our product line are dependent on a healthy environment.
- Our supply chain team closely monitors our ingredient sourcing, giving preference to organic farmers and sustainable wildcrafters whenever possible.
- We evaluate the environmental impact of each of our business partners, giving preference to groups that share our core values of protecting the environment and conserving resources.
- We consider the planet to be a stakeholder in our business, and have a dedicated team that meets regularly to look for opportunities to measure and improve our environmental impacts.
- Vital Plan believes that when we succeed, so should all of our stakeholders. This includes customers, investors, employees, and the environment.
- Our goal is to deliver the highest value possible to the customer. We don’t cut corners on ingredient amounts or quality, but always strive to keep costs as low and fair as possible while honoring the other stakeholders in our community.
- Vital Plan pays fair wages and offers flexible work schedules, allowing our employees to lead healthy, balanced lives and support their families and communities.
- We believe business can be a powerful engine for change, and our B Corp commitment formalizes our efforts to leverage our resources to improve the lives of everyone and everything we touch.
Join Us in Being the Change
We are a small but mighty team of individuals who care about making a difference in the world. We are proud of our products, and are building a platform to help share the benefits of herbs and holistic health with the world. We invite you to be a part of it.
To learn more about why B Corps matter and how to support other B Corps like Vital Plan, visit bcorporation.net.